[Wine] Need help to get LCDHype flying with Parallel-Port

lsmod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 21 06:18:22 CST 2010

Hello together,

i want to run LCDHype in Linux under wine, because there is no adequate other program that supports graphically LCD-Displays.

I already opened a discussion in the forum of LCDHype (sorry - is in german language):
http://lcdhype.condense.de/index.php?showtopic=4963

I already found an older version (V 0.6) of LCDHype that installs and the frontend is up and running.
But now i am at the point where i need to get the Parallel-Port running.
Many LCD-Displays are connected directly to LPT1 also my KS108.

The developer of LCDHype is also interested to get this running and he helps as much as possible.
Normally LCDHYpe is using the free SPPort95NT Driver to get direct access to the Parport.
But this driver fails to load in wine and that does not surprise me.

Now is the question how we can get direct access to the Parport in Wine?
I already found and tested the hints from here:
http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Wine_Registry#Parallel_Port
But it's not understandable where the difference between /dev/parport0 and /dev/lp0 should be?

Our last try was to test the access with a small Testprogram written by ViRuSTriNiTy in C.
But i didn't have success and now we don't know how to progress?