[Wine] Can't start Teamviewer with wine

Ulrich Fürst Fuerst.Ulrich at web.de
Thu Jan 21 15:13:04 CST 2010

Charles Davis wrote:
> Ulrich Fürst wrote:
> > Thank you for your answer. Could you please help me with this "stack
> > trace"? I guess I have to start with WINEDEBUG=$something in front?
> > But there's no stack channel listet here:
> > http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/x542#AEN544
> You don't need one. When a process running inside Wine dies, Wine
> should automatically start a program called a debugger, which
> produces the stack trace. Typically, Wine prints a message like this:
>
>  wine: Unhandled page fault exception, starting debugger...

Nothing alike

> and then right after comes the stack trace. It will have a "Stack
> trace" header or some such, so you should be able to find it. If you
> really aren't getting anything, then something's wrong with your
> setup.

So, something's wrong, I guess.

> Another important thing I should mention: you should have the debug
> symbols installed.

Hm, I installed wine according to the explanation on
http://www.winehq.org/download/deblenny
There's no libwine-dbg available. There's nothing than just "wine", so
I thought, it's all in one package. Is that right? If not, were do I
get this libwine-dbg and maybe other packages I need for using wine?

Ulrich

P.S. Sorry for PM
P. P. S. is it recommended to CC the OP on this list?