[Wine] Re: uninstalling programs under Wine

droid wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 22 06:35:16 CST 2010

Charles Davis wrote:

> Same way as on Windows--by running the uninstaller (if it has one).
>
> - Otherwise, you can use Wine's "Add/Remove Programs" Control Panel
> (it's similar to Windows' own "Add/Remove Programs"). Just run the Wine
> Control Panel like so from the command line:
>
> wine control
>
> and open the "Add/Remove Programs" applet.
>
> But be warned: some uninstallers don't work fully yet in Wine. You may
> have to remove stuff manually.
>
> Chip

Thanks for the info, Chip.  The program didn't have an uninstaller - that's why I asked.  And I'd never heard of the Wine Control Panel even though I've been using Wine for several years.  Wonder why the developers don't make it more prominent.

Anyway, it worked and I learned something.  Thanks again!