[Wine] Re: Need help to get LCDHype flying with Parallel-Port

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 22 10:06:39 CST 2010

lsmod wrote:
> Now is the question how we can get direct access to the Parport in Wine?
> I already found and tested the hints from here:
> http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Wine_Registry#Parallel_Port
> But it's not understandable where the difference between /dev/parport0 and /dev/lp0 should be?

Those instructions look complete to me. If done correctly (and if that part still works under Wine) your program should be able to access in/out ports assigned to the parallel port. As for devices - just make sure your user have full access to them:

Code:
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/parport0
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/lp0