[Wine] Borderlands DVD Gamespy & DLC1 not working w/ patch (...)

we6jbo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 22 18:31:46 CST 2010

Borderlands DVD Gamespy & DLC1 not working w/ patch 1.0.1, 1.1.0 & 1.2.0

This is kind of odd. I've installed Borderlands multiple times with no problems. I've played Borderlands to the very end of the game and to Playthrough 2 without any problems. The problem I'm facing is that Borderlands does not recognise the patch. This causes the game to not work with Multiplayer under Gamespy. At first I thought this was a Gamespy issue and that their server was not recognising the patch but when I installed DLC1 I realised that the game itself is not recognising the patch. I've included a description of the steps I performed to install Borderlands and Zombie Island along with the directory tree. In all instances where I installed Borderlands, the patches and DLC1 I received a successful install message at the end.

1. Fully patch Borderlands to 1.2.0
2. Install Zombie Island
3. Play Borderlands
4. Gamespy portion requests that I use their online patch system to play multiplayer on the Internet
5. Zombie Island not appearing on the fast travel network

This is what my directories look like under wine where Borderlands is installed.
http://pastebin.com/m53884ff2

I'm not having any hardware issues but in case anyone is interested in knowing the specs I run Borderlands under, these are them.

Computer Specs:
Linux west 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Wed Nov 4 20:45:37 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
Asus P5B Delux motherboard
1 GB Memory
9800 GT 1024 GDDR3 PCIE2
Intel Pentium 4 ES 2800 MHz