[Wine] Wine Registry : winebrowser "%1" : the quotes were omitted

Hunirio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 23 01:33:03 CST 2010

Hello,

here is what I found :

I made a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 in November, and in the Wine registry, some file types were pre-associated with winebrowser %1 (without the quotes around %1) thus preventing them to work.

I found only yesterday that I needed to add the quotes. Now I can launch any file from any Wine application, and that call my linux-associated application.

I don't know if I was a special case, or if many users were impacted, so I post it here.

Best regards, Hunirio