[Wine] Problem with trine - no landscape!

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 23 19:45:56 CST 2010

curunir wrote:
> GPU: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
>

>> Run it from the terminal and post the output otherwise the only people
>> that can help are the ones who have that game.
>>

> Sorry, I am quite new to Wine. Is the log what you are asking me about?
> In that case, I have run
>
> Code:
> wine trine &> log.txt
>

> and I got a ~4700 lines lenght file.
>
> I will try to extract the basics of the file. If the whole content is needed let me know and I will paste here.

Do not paste the entire file here, but please do post it to a site like
pastebin.com and then post only the URL from pastebin here.

Also, please open a bug report on our bugzilla after looking for a
similar or duplicate bug (some folks only post a bug report and do not
post to the forums/mailing list.

Thank you.
> Basically, the content is the following:
>
> One line at the beggining:
>
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f5e4,0x00000000), stub!
>
> Then 4700 lines like this:
>
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Postprocess combine") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Postprocess combine") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Deferred targets") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Deferred ambient") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Deferred pointlights") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Deferred spots") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Negative pointlights") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Backlight") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Alpha") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
>
> Then the files finishes this way:
>
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Particles") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_BeginEvent (color 0xffffffff, name L"Postprocess combine") : stub
> fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_EndEvent (void) : stub
> fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
> fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
> fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub

It is important to get all output lines.  Fixme's indicate that there is
code missing that the project has not included yet.

James McKenzie