[Wine] Can't Load PLUTO

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Sun Jan 24 19:40:32 CST 2010

Pluto wrote:
> Terminal Output:
>

> Code:
> err:winediag:x11drv_init_thread_data x11drv: Can't open display: :10.0. Please ensure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Are you sure you're running an X server? You need an X server to run
wine. Period. Even if the app you're trying to run is a console app
(which I don't think it is). Many apps make use of certain Windows
functionality usually associated with windows (the UI objects, not the
OS), even if they don't directly create visible windows. And if you ARE
running a GUI app, then you really need an X server in order to see the
windows. Wine doesn't support anything else at the moment.

Chip