[Wine] InScribe On Screen Keyboard

grindboy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 25 07:01:05 CST 2010

Hi Guys

I've recently become a little obsessed with the Swype concept and I've managed to find a program which seems to do the same thing. It is Windows only but installed fine under WINE. The program runs correctly with the caveat that it will not enter text into a field.

Do any of you think we could get it up and running? I no nothing about the inner workings of WINE so I don't know if this is a fairly simple matter of ticking a checkbox or a fundamental problem which is unsolvable.

I'm running ubuntu 9.10 with WINE 1.1.31. InScribe is free for personal use and the download I used is here: http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/fp/ins_dl.php

Output from running the program in terminal is:

Code:
michael at michael-desktop:~$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/michael/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Ilium Software\InScribe\InScribeTablet.exe"
fixme:gdi:ExtCreatePen Hatches not implemented

Not much to go on there

Many Thanks for any help

Grindboy

P.S. I've posted this on a number of forums now and not got a single response so if you are reading this and have some experience with WINE please respond even if it is only to say something like "This would be too difficult to implement here's why"