[Wine] Re: Need help to get LCDHype flying with Parallel-Port

lsmod wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 25 12:08:48 CST 2010

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> You are doing something else: bypassing the Linux drivers by attempting
> to talk direct to the hardware. While this may be acceptable with older
> Windows versions its not a good idea with Linux.

What is a good idea to solve the problem in Linux?

At this time i have no idea how the parport is implemented in the Linux-Kernel.
But i am optimistic that the kernel will not allow something that is not good for him.  [Wink]

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> It shouldn't matter because AFAIK Wine supports Windows sockets for all
> Windows emulations. Sockets is a reliable way of communicating between
> Windows programs and Linux native programs.

Of course this is a universal solution to cover all the problems.
But a separate Linux-daemon is needed and it would be better if we could avoid this, because someone must write him in C.
But i will search if maybe someone already has written one.

Karsten