[Wine] Re: Wine doesn't work with any application running from CD / DVD

hyperhelium wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 26 14:11:15 CST 2010

Thanks Oiaohm,

I'm trying to install the software that came with my scanner. I have the scanner running with xsane, but I really need the OCR software that is included in the CD.

When I looked for solutions, I found that A LOT of people have this problem whether trying to install games, Adobe software, or else that comes in a recent CD or DVD in the pack. I know Wine "says" it's an administrator, but when trying to launch a setup.exe from the CD (and I've tried a couple) it just doesn't work.

As I said, I tried the solution mentioned to this problem by changing the windows version wine emulates, and it does not work either... I know it is a bug or something, but I haven't found a fix for this...

I would really appreciate a solution.

Thx for your help.