[Wine] Re: wine and autocad 2008

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 26 15:14:02 CST 2010

Lot of cases it better to work on getting the required patches mainline were able mroberts000.  For the simple reason the no hack policy makes chances of Program being got working 100 percent way better.

Lot of people in the past have had the idea of creating special versions of particular applications.  I can tell you now most have end in pain when the mainline end up running better.

DRM heavy is not a major issue to wine.  It type of DRM.  Kernel space enforcement can give wine trouble not something I think Autocad used ever.

None of the current bugs with Autocad 2008 is DRM related.   All wine rendering related.   So bad in fact registration screen does not work.

Lot of Autocads problems don't have patches yet even outside the mainline.