[Wine] Wine - query

pickles95 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 28 11:36:30 CST 2010

This is not a fault or complaint, just a query for some information.

1. To play windows games in Wine, do I need to load directx, or is it handled by wine as a default?

2. I'm having problems in some games using the NVIDIA drivers (GF2 7186). For example 'Legion Arena' http://www.slitherine.com/games/legion_arena  seems to get further with the open source 'nv' drivers as opposed to the propriety 'nvidia' drivers. But I cannot yet actually successfully play the game with either.

Should this be the case? Is it recommended to try wine with the 'nv' drivers or the 'nvidia' drivers? Is one preferred over the other or should either work equally well?

Thanks for any info.