[Wine] Re: error 429 on vb6 app

waraltca wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 28 11:53:15 CST 2010

k4king wrote:
> error 429 usually means something it needs can not be found or is not registered in the (psuedo) windows environment, quite often an ActiveX control.
>
> {66182EC4-AFD1-11d2-9CB9-0000F87A369E} seems to be tied to WinNTSystemInfo.
>
> Not sure if that is something that is supposed to be available or needs to be installed?
>
> Have you tried setting Wine to emulate different version of Windows?
> (i.e. what version of real Windows do you have the VB app working on ?)
>
> If you have the source including the project you should be able to find what the reference of {66182EC4-AFD1-11d2-9CB9-0000F87A369E} or WinNTSystemInfo is pointing to.
>
> If you own VB6 you can install it under wine and debug that way.
>
> check AppDB re getting VB6 running.

thanks for answering...

I've checked different windows version and nothing happends.
My app tries to show the username, ip and domain of the computer.
Theres is a reference needed named activeds.tlb that I had to copy from another pc running windows. After I copied and referenced activeds.tlb the error 429 starts to show.

I think that the problem could be the DNS configuration of wine (if it exist!). Sincerely, i don't know what to probe next.

I appreciate your help guys!