[Wine] cannot uninstall iTunes 9

niki nhardin at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 28 15:15:25 CST 2010

I tried to install iTunes via Wine.  It installed but would not install Quicktime.  I googled fixes and downloaded iTunes 7.2 and Quicktime 4 Linux.    However, every time I try to "Remove" iTunes via the Wine installer, it ends up re-installing.  I tried deleting all the iTunes files, but it seems the registry items are still there because I still get the same "Repair/Remove" that reinstalls iTunes 9.  I tried the Add/Remove programs and it doesn't seem to effect the registry either.  I'm stuck. Any ideas?  Thanks