[Wine] writing binary windows registry files

Peter Daum gator_ml at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 29 12:39:27 CST 2010

Hi,

like others before (see e.g.
news://news.gmane.org:119/[email protected])
I had hoped to be able to use windows "reg.exe" to read/write windows
registry files on a linux system and found, that this does not work)
I am aware of the "offline nt registry editor"
(http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/), which would be mostly what I am
looking for, but unfortunately lacks too many features that I need (e.g.
importing regedit files into a windows registry).

Is somebody here maybe aware of any other reasonable option? I don't
think there is any other Linux program to do this, but maybe some
windows program (unfortunately, for my purposes, it has to be a console
application) that I could use under wine and that can directly access
windows registry files?

Any ideas appreciated,
                                   Peter Daum