[Wine] Solitaire Master 5

nevek wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 1 11:47:42 CDT 2010

I am a complete Linux newbie and am trying to use Wine to run the eGames set of card games Solitaire Master 5 with Ubuntu 8.X OS.  I installed the version of wine that was available with the add/remove programs application.  It seemed like I installed solitaire master 5, but when I run gamebutler.exe by double-clicking I get back the following error:  The file "c:\Program Files\eGames\GameButler\splash.dxr" is not a director file.  If I try to launch the program through Wine in the "applications" menu, it opens up a blank screen.

Any ideas about what to do?  Explanations suited for linux dummies preferred.