[Wine] wine1.2rc-x changes brightnes in flash fullscreen (nvidia)

Kodama wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 1 15:33:06 CDT 2010

Hey,

I've noticed some strange behaviour in the latest wine versions 1.2rc-x.

At 1.2rc-1-3 when I installed games like Guild Wars or Runes of Magic the first start in fullscreen turned the birghtness level of my laptop to 100%.
(having a Sony VGN-NR21S with an Nvidia 8400M-GT).
I'm setting the brightness level with smartdimmer (nvclock package).
When I enter "smartdimmer -s 35" and restart the game it stays the same and doesn't go up anymore.

With wine 1.2-rc5 it noticed something else. It changes the birghtness level in flash videos when I set them to fullscreen in the browser.
I testet it with firefox and uzbl-browser. When wine is installed and the level is set to 35 it goes up to 100 when I click fullscreen for example in a youtube video. (or any other site that has flash videos). With "smartdimmer -s 35" I can lower the birghtness level and when I click on fullscreen it goes up to 100 again.

When I uninstall wine this doesn't happen again with flash videos anymore. Only when wine is installed.

So for some reason it affects smartdimmer and the brightness level in flash videos when I make them fullscreen.

additional Info;
Arch Linux (32 & 64)
Kernel 2.6.34
Xorg 1.8.1.902