[Wine] Install Windows in a partition of the HD using Wine

giammo92 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 2 09:01:19 CDT 2010

Hi everybody!
First at all, sorry for my bad english  [Rolling Eyes]

My problem is: How to install Windows running it from the cd using Wine.

I know that it's ten thousand time easier to reboot my pc and install windows as usual but now it's a challenge for me and I hope you can help me  :D

I archieve to run the I386/winnt32.exe whit root permission and let him recognize the drive where i want to install Windows.
I use the command

> "wine winnt32.exe /syspart:E:"
 where E: is the partition of the hd, added using winecfg

The installation started but after some seconds an error windows prompt out saying that in my pc there are basic volumes created with windows NT 4.0. It said that i have to convert them into dinamic using Disk Administrator.

How can i fix it?