[Wine] Problem with wine creating folders on installs

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 3 13:19:16 CDT 2010

h2sammo wrote:
> i precreated folders but i have the same exact result. i tried picking another path and the same result. it creates first folder but stops afterwards.
>
> the default location is C:/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International
>
> i am able to install other games from mmohut however.

Interesting.  I knew of a problem with some versions of UNIX/Linux that
could not 'handle' spaces in directory names without going through a
complete escape sequence or enclosing in single/double quotes:

.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/IBM/Lotus\ Forms/Viewer/3.5/

or

".wine/drive_c/Program Files/IBM/Lotus Forms/Viewer/e3.5/"

is how I get to the directory to the PureEdge Viewer that I'm working
with for a work project.

James McKenzie