[Wine] Re: AOE runs but doesn't.

Ebere wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 3 16:23:27 CDT 2010

doh123 wrote:
> if its legal where you are... try to get a no-disc hack/patch version so you can play without a disc check.

Thank you.

I tried a no-cd crack. Took some searching to find one that would even work on my installation. I guess there must not be that many legitimate store-bought copies of this game, out there. LOL

The crack worked on the game, but it killed the game, as far as working in wine is concerned. Try to play it after the crack, and all you get is a wine error box saying we're sorry, but we had to close this.

I put it back to normal.

Now I have to find the answer to the question.