[Wine] Portal Menu Text missing!

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 4 18:02:34 CDT 2010

r2rX wrote:
> No, I do not run WINE or Catalyst Control Center as 'root'...especially WINE. The D3D tweaks you mentioned; what/which tweaks are these?

Ok.  Just confirming as one of the messages contained "ROOT".

In order to get some programs running, partial code implementations are
installed.  These are referred to as 'stubs'.  Some additional programs
require more code that is provided.  That is why you get fixmes.  They
do not indicate there are problems, but may indicate your particular
program needs a more through implementation of the Windows API calls to
run.

This is why I asked that you first look for a bug report for your
program or these functions and if one does not exist create one.  If one
does exist, please vote on the bug as this will indicate more than one
person or program is affected.

You might also want to look in our Applications Database for an entry
for this program and see if there are 'how-tos' that made it work or if
there is a current rating for the program.

James McKenzie