[Wine] Re: Question about Winetricks...

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 5 13:33:03 CDT 2010

r2rX wrote:

> 1.) Any settings i've configured with winetricks, so far, has not applied to my .wine folder (in my user folder). Any and all settings have gone to /root/.wine

Of course it does. You've been running it as root.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-96bebfa287b4288974de0df23351f278b0d41014

> 2.) Whether I run winetricks from /usr/bin, or run it from a downloaded version; executing it with 'sh' simply does not work...I get the same error as posted above.

I don't know how it's set up in Ubuntu, but openSUSE also includes winetricks in its Wine package, and I can run that winetricks with just the winetricks command, no sh, and no need to change directories.