[Wine] A further comment on 1.2-RC6

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 01:52:46 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:06 AM, A Nonny Moose
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> When running Simcity 4 Rush Hour with a very small suite of plugins, sometimes the graphics goes haywire.  The early symptoms are RGB + black squares appearing here and there.  As this develops, graphic objects start to take on primary colours.  I've never let it go to a crash.

That's strange.  I played Simcity 4 using Crossover for an entire
summer while stuck in the country a couple of years ago and it ran
flawlessly the entire time.  This was on a Mac though.  I never
considered that Wine didn't support it as well.  I should really grab
it out again and build a few cities.

Can you be sure your plugins are not causing the issue? If it is one
of them you could isolate it and work out why it's making things go
bad.