[Wine] IE6 Rendering

Ace Blackwell wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 10 00:02:53 CDT 2010

I'm using WINE 1.1.44 though I've gotten the same issues with 1.2rc XX.  I'm running from source installation on Slackware64.
 Using winetricks I've installed IE6.  I can browse but I soon run into pages that display as garbage.(various text and symbols)  I've tried to install IE7 and IE8 but they won't install.

It sounds like a missing library but I'm afraid to go down the winetricks list and install everything for fear of conflicts.

Any suggestions? Am I'm missing dependencies for IE6 or the installation of IE7/8?

Thanks
Ace