[Wine] Simple application made with visual studio 2005 not running

Cheer Xiao xiaqqaix at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 09:39:55 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:30 PM, fernandocarvalho
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Then you are saying that commercial applications that were made using Visual Studio, will not work properly on Wine?
> I think that this is a serious issue, because many applications are made with visual studio.

Quite likely. But if the company intends to port the application to
Mono there will be not much work to do since .NET is a rather high
level framework (perhaps there are already some toolkits to help with
the migration). The major ambition of Mono is easy migration for both
companies and programmers, and to provide yet-another high-level
general purpose language for Unix programmers.