[Wine] Simple application made with visual studio 2005 not running

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 09:44:06 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Cheer Xiao <xiaqqaix at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 9:06 PM, fernandocarvalho
> <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>> through VS C++ install CD.
>
> It is recommended that you used Mono to compile the program. VC++ is
> not likely to work under Wine, although old versions may do (with some
> tweaks).

Visual Studio 2005 does work under wine if you build C++ applications
that do not use CLR. I am not sure about .NET at all because I have
not tested that. My Qt applications do build without issue from the
Visual Studio that is installed using winetricks. It may be possible
to build .NET applications if you had installed .NET via winetricks
first in a clean prefix. I do not believe installing .NET directly
using the microsoft installers works. Please correct me if I am
wrong..

John

John