[Wine] Lag when playing freeware games

dandygandy2704 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 11 10:52:49 CDT 2010

I switched to Linux recently and one of the biggest things I miss from Windows are freeware games such as Spelunky or Desktop Dungeons. So, I got Wine and downloaded those games, thinking they should run great and I'll be happy in Linux-Land.

The problem is they lag an ungodly amount, making them unplayable. Spelunky is a lot worse than Desktop Dungeons, which I guess I could suffer through, but I think it would be better if they ran lag-free. The FAQ had nothing to say on this, so I figured I'd ask here. So, has anyone else encountered similar problems when running games like this? And if so, how did you fix it?