[Wine] Simple application made with visual studio 2005 not running

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 11 13:05:32 CDT 2010

DanKegel wrote:
> I think James is a bit confused; there no reason we can't run Visual
> Studio or the apps it produces, as long as we fix enough bugs.

I stand corrected on this.  What I was trying to convey is that we
cannot duplicate line-for-line Windows code.  Of course, we can build
and run VS programs, but this is not the primary goal of the project,
although it would be fantastic if we could do so.

Running various Windows compiliers is a noble ideal, but should not be
the sole, or primary purpose of this project.  Getting a majority of
Windows based Games to run decently should be.  Running productivity
applications should be.

And Dan you are correct, if the program uses 'special' code, then we
have more effort to put in.  CLR applications that use additional
features then that supplied out-of-the-box by VS and .NET bring in more
problems that Wine is not capable of handling right now.  Maybe in the
future, but not now.

Now back to testing.

James McKenzie