[Wine] Re: How many more RCs are you planning before wine-1.2?

James_Huk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 11 17:24:43 CDT 2010

@James McKenzie:

I see we are going a little off topic, but I must ask few things:

1. Do I understand correctly that you are planning OpenAL back-end in place of (or in addition to) current ALSA/OSS/JACK/NAS sound back-ends?

2. Again - if I understand correctly, this back-end will work with ALSA,OSS4,DirectSound and CoreAudio (and probably with any other audio subsystem that have support for OpenAL)?

3. As for PulseAudio - I don't want to start flame here but... is it really that hard to implement (I mean - as I understand it, there already is a patch that adds support for it so...) Or you are not implementing it because you don't like PulseAudio, and don't want it to spread?

I say again - I don't want to start a war here, I am not a fan of current PA myself (however, I must say that I really like the idea of one API for all systems - from the programmer point of view), but since it is spreading (we like it or not) maybe you should reconsider support for it?

Thanks in advance for the answers.