[Wine] Install Flash MX 2004 from CD

MicMit wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 13 18:54:03 CDT 2010

Hey, if the subject line didn't give it away i'm currently trying to install an old version of Flash from a CD on Ubuntu 9.1 (Karmic Koala).

I've already installed Wine (i think it's version 1.2), and there is a cd drive in the dosdevices folder. The problem is that the file's icon has a big lock on it (unlike the C: drive) and the actual .exe files on the disk have big X's on them. Every time I try to open the .exe it tells me "access denied."

I've checked already to see if the software works on wine, and there have been some successes. Can anyone help me out?