[Wine] USB key (smart card) program say: card not found

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 13 20:25:39 CDT 2010

Gert van den Berg wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:26, KLiFF <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
>> ok, and? any solution?
>>

> If the device have a working Linux driver, the smart card API might
> need implementation under Wine in order for Windows programs to use
> it... It might be a good idea to open a bug for it (after ensuring
> that no bugs exist for it yet) If you are trying to install drivers
> under Wine in order to use the hardware with Linux applications, you
> are out of luck.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb905527.aspx might be relevant...
>
> Opening a bug won't mean that it will be fixed immediately, but it
> allows Wine developers to see what is affected (via AppDB links) and
> to prioritize it properly...
>
> If your application uses non-standard drivers and APIs, the USB
> patches for Wine might be your only option. Search the wiki for more
> information.

Gert:

I have to use a Smart Card reader at my workplace.  I plugged in a
generic card reader and it needed usbccid.sys to run.  It may be
possible that there is a Linux (generic) driver for this type of card
reader (this is like the reader that AmEx used to distribute with the
Blue Card.)  Dell keyboards also come with an embedded reader and there
is NO Linux driver available from Dell for them.

Now, these things have to work under Linux, we use them.....

James McKenzie