[Wine] Re: Headless WINE (nulldrv, winetty)

boulderdrop wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 14 14:20:44 CDT 2010

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking to re-configure this new installation to be 100% headless without X11Forwarding or X-Windows of any sort...

Why?!?!

I'm running software fulfillment processes from a CRON process that needs to execute a WinAPI32-bit console-mode program in order to generate license-codes that are based from a random() number generator that is unique to a dos compiler/linker. The console-mode program does not use any window-handles and is 100% console. It just executes a function() that generates a license from it's rand() and then outputs the results to a file. This file is then read() by a linux program to get the results and then pass it to other parts of the system. So there's ZERO need for interactivity or windowing.

So, I'm looking for that NULL-DRIVER, WINETTY, TTY, etc.. that will allow me to run the equiv of wineconsole.