[Wine] For what reason the "official" Wine does not support USB ?

cledesol wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 14 14:54:27 CDT 2010

Hello

A lot of windows application need access to an USB port.
For Wine a library (or a patch) exists to manage that but it is not include in the "official" release.
If we want to work with this USB port, we have to compile a personal version of Wine, but this is not really obvious for every body.

Why this feature is not include in the release ?

Do you plan an official release with USB ?

Regards

PS Apologies for poor my english but I am french