[Wine] For what reason the "official" Wine does not support USB ?

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Jul 14 23:21:58 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 05:28, Marc Chamberlin <marc at marcchamberlin.com> wrote:
> Version 1.1.50_1.2rc7-1.1-i586 of Wine broke my ability to use the USB port
> with a Western Digital Passport disk drive. That prevents me from using the
> PortableApps tools under Wine on Linux.  It also caused file corruption on
> my Passport drive and required a significant amount of effort for me to
> recover. So DO NOT use this version with USB disk drives!!

That's a completely different issue.... Everyone thougfht this is
about using USB drivers under Wine...

Wine doen't currently allow Windows USB drivers...

It should work with ?USB disk though... (It might be sensitive to the
filesystem though, since the Linux filesystem drivers doesn't seem to
support the same features on all filesystems) That shouldn't change
between versions, especially not between RCs....

Gert