[Wine] Is it possible to enable a register setting via command line

yossarianuk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 15 09:15:08 CDT 2010

Hi.

God damn Wine has come a long way! Most games I have played seem faster than real windows now...

I am wondering if there is a way to add a reg key/string on the command line - so that the reg key/string doesn't exist all the time just whilst playing a game / wine session?

The reason I ask is because some games work even faster with

DirectDrawRenderer = opengl in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct 3d

But some don't .

Right now I manually add/remove the reg string when I play a certain game/app.

Is there a way to launch wine and enable the reg setting cia command line ?

p.s : Isn't the windows registery a complete joke (as an idea), you could easily but wrong values that could mess up Windows - there is no verification at all....