[Wine] For what reason the "official" Wine does not suppo

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Jul 15 14:52:29 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 13:57 -0500, cledesol wrote:
> Yes James, when I connect my GPS to an USB port I can see it and
> navigate thru its files hierarchy.
> But the GPS is always not seen by the application "Navigon Fresh"
> running with Wine

A lot of these devices seem to treat the USB connection as some sort of
serial device. I have a Binatone B.350 which uses a USB serial port
(ttyUSB0) and I'm aware that some also provide a mass storage interface,
but mine doesn't. As these things run Windows Mobile, I'd assumed that
the serial connection is used for a HotSync session and consequently am
rather mystified about why they'd need to expose their storage as a
flash drive.

Martin