[Wine] Re: The perils of GMAX

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 16 10:34:56 CDT 2010

I figured so much had gone wrong while messing about that I started over.

I reinstalled UBUNTU on a fresh partition, reinstalled wine, and moved over my downloads directory.  After some messing about setting up UBUNTU the way I like it, I installed Gmax, and ran in the winetricks vcrun6 script.  Gmax has stopped hiccuping.

However, when I copied the help files (unzipped) into the C:\gmax\Help directory, gmax couldn't find it, and, in fact, terminated with some exotic error.  So much for Gmax help.  The files are fine, I can read them out of the application.

I also tried to install the maps library of textures which seemed to go ok, but the Material Navigator could not open the folder.  Don't know why yet.

For the benefit of the previous poster, I am on UBUNTU 10.04 and wine 1.2-rc7

After I have some time to think about this, I'll work on it some more.