[Wine] can't install wine :(

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Jul 17 14:53:24 CDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 14:24 -0500, gwolf2u wrote:
> hello guys,
>
> I have a CentOS distribution installed but seems I can't install wine
> with the yum command
> I have tried

If you know the name of a repository that contains the wine package you
can add it to the yum configuration.

I've done that to my (Fedora) setup for atrpms and RPMfusion. The
preferred method varies from repo to repo: RPMfusion downloads the
extension as a small rom package while atrpms supplies text to add to
the yum configuration, so you need to get the configuration extension
from the repo website. As Fedora supports wine directly, I can't suggest
a suitable repo or how to configure yum to use it.

Martin