[Wine] cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\Command.com"

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 18 19:53:39 CDT 2010

Ben2K wrote:
> dimesio wrote:
>
>>> Code:
>>> myname at myhost:~$ wine Quicken/LxSetup.exe
>>>

>> You're not starting it correctly. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f3515230c198befe0279d32c448d9c8da63be66f
>>

> Ive also tried starting inside Nautilus, which hides the error messages, and from the same directory as the executable. No success with any.

You should start the program in terminal from wherever it was installed to.

Using Nautilus will hide the error messages.

We would like to look at any error messages you receive, but please
capture them to a log file and post them to a web site like
pastebin.com.  This is to be courtous to those who receive the mailing
list copy and pay for Internet access by usage.

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log describes this process.

James McKenzie