[Wine] Re: Native libpq.so instead of libpq.dll?

Cigydd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 20 11:17:17 CDT 2010

John Drescher wrote:
> I am confused on why you do not just use the windows version of libpq with your application and ignore the fact that the host os may or may
> not have libpq installed.
>
> John

Don't search for any logic behind my obsession for native libraries :-)
I just said to myself „I'm under Linux, could I make use of the libraries already installed? Do I have to copy the Windows ones? (They still take some space on the hard drive.) Could Wine be useful to serve as a bridge?“ I was just curious if it would be possible. And it isn't. I didn't even imagine what difficulties are hidden behind.