[Wine] WoW on Ubuntu 10.04

Fango wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 20 20:51:39 CDT 2010

Hi, some time ago i've installed WoW in Ubuntu 9.10 using wine 1.1.42 (wine1.2 ubuntu package). Everything fine, had a few fps problems but with some tips found in wowwiki i've manage to increase fps to about 20. Some users would say it's still low, but i was happy with it.
Well, some weeks ago i've updated to Ubuntu lucid (10.04). It's great, but my WoW fps drop down to about 5-10 which is very low. I've tried a few more tips to increase fps and even downloaded the latest Wine in the ppa repository, but nothing helped. I've read somewhere here in wine hq that ubuntu 10.04 doesn't support low-end hardware but i don't know what is that...

I'm using:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz, 32bit
2GB ram
NVidia GF FX 5200 grafics card

Ubuntu 10.04
kernel 2.6.32-23-generic
wine 1.2 (latest from ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-wine/ppa/ubuntu)
Nvidia video driver 173.14.25 (also latest for my card)

does anyone have a clue of what may i do?

thanks