[Wine] Re: VT Cashbook

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 21 10:28:34 CDT 2010

I downloaded the app. It needs native oleaut32.dll, scrrun.dll, and mfc42.dll to run. I copied all three from my XP partition. Scrrun.dll needs to be registered with regsvr32 after copying, and this needs to be done after copying mfc42.dll (or you'll get an error message that it can't be found). After that, set overrides for oleaut32 and scrrun just for this app in winecfg.

Alternatively, winetricks vcrun6 dcom98 will install mfc42 and oleaut32 respectively, but I don't think there's any way to install scrrun.dll with winetricks. If you do use winetricks to install dcom98, install it to a separate wineprefix, as it can prevent many other apps from running.

I don't know how to use the app, so I didn't test much, but everything I clicked on seems functional.