[Wine] Dragon Age Origins Awakening

Salim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 21 19:56:04 CDT 2010

I have managed to install DAO:Awakening. It is working in the sense that you can get into the game and play the game but a lot of item text is missing. For example, many new items have no description and appear in my inventory as gxa_im_(code) . Also I have unlocked battlemage by buying the book, however I cannot level up as battlemage, I cannot click the specialization button, nor does any text appear describing what the specialization is. Also none of the new spells have any description text.

I have installed Awakening by following these steps:
1. From the install unrar the following four files: ep1_campaign.rar  ep1_core.rar  ep1_en.rar  ep1_vo_en.rar
2. these rars will extract into folders, you need to put these folders into the appropriate location, either in Documents/BioWare/Dragon Age/Addins folder or packages folder. For example ep1_core goes into packages, ep1_en has some files that go into packages and others that go into Addins.
3. go into AddIns/dao_prc_ep_1 and open manifest.xml and copy the appropriate text and put it into AddIns.xml. For more details read http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19677
4. Play Awakening.
5. to get DLC content working, go into Addins.xml and change all  ExtendedModuleUID="Single Player"  to  ExtendedModuleUID="DAO_PRC_EP_1"  however make sure you backup you addins.xml before you do this since it may effect your normal origins game.

So using these steps makes the game playable however, only to a certain extent. If anyone can offer advice on how to improve this and get the missing text and new spells working, it would be very much appreciated.