[Wine] How to enable file and print sharing

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Jul 22 04:35:16 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 22:32 -0500, moralesroy wrote:
> I'm running the latest wine version on fedora 13 and when I try to
> install ACT! on wine I get this window saying that I need to enable
> file and print sharing before I can install the software.
> I already installed winetricks and .net framework v 2.0 but I have no
> idea how to enable file sharing.
> Can anybody help me?

Fedora print services are provided by CUPS, a server with several ways
of talking to it: Wine uses the IPP socket connection, which is disabled
by default in Fedora because it exposes your copy of CUPS to your local
network. It must be enabled before Wine can use it.

Go to System:Administration:Printing, select Server Settings from the
dialog and use the Server settings dialog to enable "Publish shared
printers" and "Allow Printing from the Internet".

Martin