[Wine] Re: running a magnifier through wine on ubuntu

kitCat012 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 22 20:11:26 CDT 2010

There is only one linux magnifier that we could find that we liked, the magnifier in Compiz. Unfortunately the machine we want to run it on also uses xinerama in a huge way and the two refuse to get along. We tried installing an old version of XGL to get them to work together because I had read that it helps but we kept running into more and more packages that were no longer in the ubuntu libraries that were needed so we gave up on that route. We've since tried to get this one to work simply because it is the only other one we've found that really does what we want, or hopefully will once we get this problem fixed.