[Wine] Mounting an ISO or FS Location as a CDROM in WINE...

Bryan Baldwin bryan at katofiad.co.nz
Fri Jul 23 21:19:34 CDT 2010

On 07/24/2010 02:09 PM, Linux-Smith wrote:
> Is it possible to mount either an ISO Archive file, or a location within my File System, as a CDROM which WINE can use as such?  If so, then how can I do that?

Normally you do not need to do anything more then mount your optical
image with the flag -o loop. For example:

shell> mount <iso filename> <target dir> -o loop

If your target dir is accessible to your regular user, it will be
available to WINE.

For non-standard images, you may need to look at if the cdemu package
from your distribution de jour.

	Bryan