[Wine] "Not enough memory" on MacOSX

brendandm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 24 09:43:46 CDT 2010

I just installed wine 1.2-rc7 on a recent Macbook Pro under MacOSX 10.6.4 using Macports.  It works fine with several Windows applications.  However, when I try to execute an EXE file compiled from a simple Fortran program on a Windows box, all I get is:

   wine: Not enough memory

The message is not correct since I have 4GB and the program is small.  Also, the program works with wine-1.0.1 on a Linux box (Ubuntu 8.something).
The problem only does basic terminal and file i/o, nothing graphical.

I'm a wine novice and don't know how to proceed.  Thanks in advance.

Brendan.