[Wine] Problem since Wine 1.2-rc1

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 24 19:14:36 CDT 2010

a0hof wrote:
> - Ok sorry, I probably should have taken a closer look to the FAQ, but I simply thought that the mentioned error occurs far before trying to draw some window to X, or am I completely wrong here?

If you open the command line program in Windows, it opens a window.
Wine attempts to emulate this behavior.  This is why we recommend using
DOSBOX for any DOS like program.  Unless your program specifically uses
Windows calls, this may be the way to go for your problem.
> - Yes, that was a Smiley.

:-)
> - Thank you very much so far, now I've got a closer idea how that problem probably could get solved again :)
>

> If it's no trouble for you: what exactly makes you think that the problem is related to the kernel?

There have been multiple reports of difficulties with this kernel here
in the forums/mailing list.

James McKenzie