[Wine] Mounting an ISO or FS Location as a CDROM in WINE...

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 24 19:29:28 CDT 2010

Linux-Smith wrote:
> Even with the directory *explicitly* set via wincfg as a CD-ROM drive, this is what I'm getting in the terminal, plus an error message at the end telling me to "Run setup from the CD":
>

> Code:
> wine client error:26: write: Bad file descriptor

Bad CD (it does happen) or your ISO image is corrupt.

Also, are you installing to a FRESH Wine directory?

You might want to move your existing .wine directory out of the way and
then try again

[code]

mv .wine{,.backup}

[/code]

will move your existing .wine directory to .wine.backup

Then try the install AGAIN.

James McKenzie